Before You Begin
Dancing Backwards is designed to be easy for teachers to navigate to maximize student engagement while they are learning critical thinking and responsible citizenship.
Before students participate in the program, it’s important that their parents/guardians are informed of the intention to post the students' finished work on the publicly-accessible Dancing Backwards site.
Parents/guardians are required to sign the Release Forms and return them to the teacher ro grant Dancing Backwards permission to use their projects on the Her Story Archive, which is a public site. Although students will not be identified by last name or school to ensure student safety, students’ image, voice, and works will be made public.
If your class has student unable to get permission, may we suggest the following options:
- Having a conversation about why this form is being signed, and what objections there are to signing
- Discuss with class, what role a student could play in the creation of a project that allows participation without permission,
- Brainstorm the types of projects students could create without using their image,
- Suggest that students without permission could work on a piece together, and present it to the class only,
- Brainstorm other options.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments at