Kathleen Wynne (1953 - )
Former Premier of Ontario
Kathleen Wynne is a community activist, mediator, and politician. She is the first female Premier of Ontario, the first openly gay head of government in Canada, and the second openly gay head of government in the English-speaking world.
- Wynne served as Premier of Ontario from 2013-2018.
- Wynne was a public school trustee and participated in many grassroots community projects before becoming a politician.
- She said, “In every election, homophobia has been part of the landscape and in every campaign, I've been able to become connected enough to my constituents that they know who I am and that I can be elected on my merits."
- Wynne has Master's degrees in Linguistics and Adult Education.
- She is guided by the values of fairness, diversity, collaboration and creativity.