Christy Clark (1965 - )
Former Premiere of BC
Christy Clark is a politician from Burnaby, BC. She was the second woman Premier in BC history (after Rita Johnson), and the first female Premier to lead her party to a plurality of seats in two consecutive general elections.
- Clark brought the anti-bullying “Pink Shirt Campaign” to British Columbia to raise awareness of issues related to bullying in schools, workplaces and communities.
- She began her political career in 1996, but left politics for a few years in 2005 and hosted a radio talk show called “The Christy Clark Show.”
- Clark attended universities in Canada, France and Scotland.
- She was the second woman in Canadian history (after Pauline Marois) to give birth to a child while serving as a cabinet minister.
- When she ran for leadership of the BC Liberal Party, her slogan was “family first.”